It is always good to have a healthy lunch break. You need nutrients to maintain your active brain in any tasks for the whole afternoon. And to avoid dizziness, you also need iron! As much as we all knew, squash is a good source of iron and vitamin A and C. But I’d like to cook it in a curry way. It’s good to eat vegetables with a little sweet and spicy though. 😀
1 whole Chayote (Sayote)
1 half-moon-shape Acorn Squash
1 whole Onion, small
1 whole Tomato red
2 tsp. Curry powder
2 tsp. Maple syrup (home-made or store-bought)
20 g Ketchup (that has tomato paste ingredient)
2 whole Fish – Sea Bream (Katambak)
500 ml Warm drinking water
- Preheat pan in low setting.
- Slice chayote, squash, onion, and tomato according to your preference. In a bowl, mix the curry powder and maple syrup. Combine the mix ingredients and the vegetables in the bowl, and then add seasoning; now it can be called Vegetable Curry. Separate the onion to be used later.
- Set the heated pan on medium. Add a small amount of vegetable oil to cook the onion, until brown. Add the vegetable curry into the pan and stir. Add little amount of water; let it steam until vegetables are smooth.
- Meanwhile, season the fish with salt and all-in-one seasoning. Cook in another frying pan, until golden brown. Set aside.
- Add the ketchup into the boiling vegetable curry. Stir until ketchup is good to taste. Transfer the cooked vegetable curry on a plate or any round container, and then top it with fried fish.
- Serve it together with your friends and families. Have a healthy lunch break!